The following Zip File contains a Background PPT with fill-in-the-blank notes that help students take notes and stay engaged while you lecture. Information covered includes:
1. Author bio/background
2. "Alternate" biography of Larson (and his dog) from his website
3. Definition/examples of True Crime Genre
4. Brief History of Chicago up until the time of the novel
5. Timeline of Chicago in 1800s
6. The Gilded Age- defintion/problems
7. Links to youtube videos of actual footage of Chicago in 1897, sheep runs, and Buffalo Bill.
8. A short research activity where students divide into four groups to research The Great Fire, Hull House, The Haymarket Riots, and The Jungle
This item is also included in the Bundle below, which you may be interested in:
The Devil in the White City Teaching Bundle
Please feel free to follow me on TPT for freebies and updates, rate this product (it helps you earn points to future TPT purchases!), or go to "Ask a Question" if there's anything I can do to help you.