THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
A NOTE ABOUT THE PRODUCT: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from THE DEVIL'S ARITHMETIC. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect filler activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for elementary:
* The Black Pearl
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* Tuck Everlasting
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC: 10 Word Merge—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Similes from the Book!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story that contains a simile. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC: Fill-In Puzzle: Characters’ First Names
Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
* THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC: 5 Vocab Crosswords plus 1 Comprehensive Puzzle The puzzles are based on 5 sections of the book and the comprehensive puzzle tests students on 20 of the words—the same words that are listed and defined in the Words to Know section of Bookmarks Plus: The Devil’s Arithmetic edition.
* Bookmarks Plus: THE DEVIL’S ARITHMETIC: Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!