This is a great short story to use alone or as a supplemental text with The Great Gatsby.
Use these questions with F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Diamond as Big as the Ritz" to help your students sharpen their reading and higher-order thinking skills.
The lesson includes:
- 5 short answer questions that focus on reading comprehension: inferences, theme, and literary devices
- 1 narrative devices chart
- Paragraph prompt with graphic organizer/pre-write where students will analyze tone or theme
- 2 different versions of a short reading check quiz
- Full text of the story (28 pages)