Purpose: The overarching goal of this lesson is to teach students about the digestive system and then the excretory system. It explains how food is moved through their body and what happens in the process. It includes the basic function of the kidneys and the filtration of waste out of the blood stream and formation of urine.
Objectives: As a result of this lesson SWBAT:
• Identify the key organs in the digestive system.
• Differentiate between the two types of digestion.
• Explain how the digestive system functions as a whole.
• Identify kidneys and where they are located in the body
• Understand the basic process of filtration and excretion
• Identify and define: ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, nephron