Distributive Property (concept & practice): "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
**This resource is also available in a DISCOUNTED bundle: Expressions & Equations Bundle
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- concept of distributing (based on doubling, tripling a recipe and how it applies to each ingredient)
- definition of the distributive property
- distributing a negative
- practice applying the property without any variables
- how to distribute with variables
- simplifying and combining like terms to write distributed expression in simplest form
- higher level practice with variables
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
8th Grade End of Course Review Tournament
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Linear Systems Card Sort