Included are all of the activities that you will need for six centers to reinforce “The Dot.” There are also many printables that can be used for review sheets, morning work, and fun activities Common Core Standards are listed for the Language Arts and Math activities. There are High-Frequency Word Cards and Amazing Word Cards that can be used for display or teaching tools. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write spelling words/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Find the correct frame for each spelling word/ Write spelling words in ABC order/ Word Search for spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center –Use cards with the high-frequency words as flashcards/ Use play-doe to spell each word/Use letter stamps to spell each word/Write the words and color the words correctly/ Write words according to the number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and search for words with vowel sounds of y and then write the words/ Phonics Game- Sort words with vowel sounds of y Write the words on the recording sheet. /Use a magnifying glass and search for words with VC and then write the words
Listening Center – After listening to “The Dot” answer questions about the story. Questions are included that review the comprehension skills for the week
Writing Center – Read and trace a sentence. Write the sentence. Draw a picture of the sentence. Then cut out the words and glue them in the correct order. / Write sentences with spelling words.
Vocabulary Center- Match Amazing Words to their picture and definition. Cut out each Amazing Word and glue it beside the picture that illustrates the word. Draw a sketch of an Amazing Word, write the definition and a sentence
(1) Color the child on the farm correctly by reading words with vowel sounds of y
(2) Subtract to find words with vowel sounds of y.
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a word with a vowel sound of y
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(6) Count dots on ten’s frame. Write the number and find High-Frequency Words.
(7) Read Decodable story “Can Billy Fly?”. Highlight the words with vowel sounds of y and then write the words.
(8) Read DecodablesStory “Vi, Mo, and Me”. Highlight the words with Syllable Patterns CV and write the words.
(9) Read "A Happy Trip" and answer the questions
Highlight action verbs in the sentences and write the verbs.
Color action verbs in a puzzle.