PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Want a fun and interactive activity to help teach your students about character traits? This book companion is for the story, "The Dot," by Peter Reynolds. It includes a variety of character trait & physical trait sorting cut and paste activities and printables. The Dot by Peter Reynolds sorting activities consists of worksheets to cater for students who have a good understanding about character traits & physical traits. By undertaking these activities students are expanding their vocabulary and making inferences about characters in order to sort the character traits correctly.
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Morning work
♥ Book Companion
This pack includes two sets of the following printables in color and black and white:
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort Vashti’s traits into physical traits (appearance) and character traits (qualities).
• Worksheet - students list their own character traits and physical traits to Vashti. Students will describe Vashti’s appearance.
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort Vashti’s character traits into the beginning of the story and the middle of the story.
• Worksheet - students list Vashti’s character traits at the beginning of the story and the middle of the story. Students will explain how Vashti’s character traits changed in the story.
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort the character traits into positive and negative traits.
• Worksheet - students list positive and negative traits. Students will describe Vashti’s best quality.
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort the character traits under the yes or no heading to match Vashti’s teacher.
• Worksheet - students list their own yes and no character traits for the teacher. Students will describe the teacher’s best quality.
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort the synonyms for the words creative and kind.
• Cut and paste sorting worksheet – sort the words into synonyms and antonyms for the word: funny.
Please see the preview for a closer look at the printables.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would love for you to come back at some stage and rate my product. ♥
♦♦♦ PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND GAIN TPT CREDITS ♦♦♦
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
♥BECOME A FOLLOWER ♥
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
Click here and like my Facebook page for regular updates on freebies, sales and teaching ideas!