A zip file of 9 PDF resources and 1 PowerPoint for the novel study. They include:
1. The Contrast Between Molly Dunnage and Marigold Pettyman - Marigold Pettyman
A character analysis of Marigold Pettyman both at the start of the novel and at the end.
2. The Contrast Between Molly Dunnage and Marigold Pettyman - Molly Dunnage
A character analysis of Molly Dunnage, both at the start of the novel and at the end.
3. Molly Dunnage and Marigold Pettyman Character Comparison
Accompanies the first two task sheets by applying students knowledge of these two characters in a contrast and comparison task sheet.
4. The Dressmaker Context and Controversy
A series of reflection points for students to mull over after reading the book, both independently and in groups.
5. The Dressmaker's Links to Shakespearean Tragedy
Students create an image of The Dressmaker using the principles of Shakespearean tragedy, inspired by MacBeth.
6. Theme of Secrets
A series of tasks starting with a warm-up mix and match of how the theme of secrets is explored in the novel.
7. Tilly Dunnage Emotional Timeline
Retrace and analyse some of the key moments in Tilly's emotional journey.
8. Tilly Dunnage Key Events
Examine the events that were turning points for Tilly and record how you think she might have been feeling for each.
9. PowerPoint: Setting
A presentation which explores physical, historical and social aspects of setting.