The Earth, Moon, and Sun – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to Earth, Moon, and Sun terminology (rotation, axis, revolution, orbit, crater, phases, lunar eclipse, and solar eclipse)
• How day and night occur
• Explanation of apparent motion and shadows
• Discussion about seasons
• Apparent path of the Sun. Picture of Alaska at midday.
• How the Moon “lights up”
• Similarities and differences between the Earth and Moon. Craters explained.
• Phase changes of the Moon
• Description of lunar and solar eclipses
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are rotation, solar eclipse, meteoroid, axis, shadow, crater, apparent motion, phases, revolution, orbit, and lunar eclipse.
• Activity two has students completing a Venn Diagram comparing the similarities and differences between the Earth and the Moon.