The Earth’s Crust – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction the movement of the Earth’s crust. Plates are explained, as are mountains (fold and fault block) and plateaus,
• Description of earthquakes and how they travel.
• Explanation of earthquake safety.
• Tsunami explanation with video clip.
• Seismic waves and seismographs.
• Introduction to volcanoes with video clip.
The editable slides and printables:
• Activity one has a matching activity where students identify faults, plateaus, folds, mountains, plates, earthquakes, tsunamis, seismographs, magma, lava, volcanoes, and seismic waves.
• Activity two has students identifying the parts of an earthquake and a volcano. The identifying terms include epicenter, seismic waves, fault, shifting plates, lava, magma, crust, and mantle.