The Earth’s Landforms – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to four basic landforms (plains, mountains, landforms shaped by water, and landforms shaped by wind.
• Description of river deltas, drainage basins, and continental shelves.
• Explanation of ocean ridge formation.
• Review of the four layers of the Earth (crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core).
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying the four layers of the Earth, along with their descriptions, through a matching/cutting activity.
• Activity two a matching activity where students identify river deltas, drainage basins, continental shelves, continental slopes, continental rises, ocean, and coast.