This unit bundle comes with:
1. PowerPoint Presentation filled with detailed information regarding the economy of WV and its relationship to WV history and current events. This bundle contains three separate PowerPoints as well as one complete PowerPoint of all three sections combined.
2. Student Outline – A complete outline for all three sections of the unit. This outline will serve as the study guide for the test. Answer key included! This bundle contains three separate outlines, as well as one complete outline with all three sections included.
3. Economy of West Virginia Vocab Quiz – Both Standard and Modified versions! Answer keys included!
4. Economy of West Virginia Test – Both Standard and Modified versions! Answer keys included!
5. Editable lesson plans for the unit! These lesson plans are in a Word Document so you may edit them as you choose, they are not strict guidelines, only suggestions to follow. West Virginia CSO’s included!
6. List of Vocabulary, People, and Places associated with the unit. There is room to write on paper and there is also a list to give to students to study. All terms, people, and places are defined with an Answer Key!
7. Golden Horseshoe style essay prompt for practice at the end of the unit!
8. Silent Debate Activity Sheet
9. Economic Systems Comparison Chart
10. Common Core Standards Covered:
a. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.10, 9-10.10, 11-12.10 - By the end of grade 8, read and comprehend history/social studies texts in the grades 6-8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
b. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.7, 9-10.7, 11-12.7 - Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
c. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.4, 9-10.4, 11-12.4 - Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
d. CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.3, 9-10.3, 11-12.3 - Identify key steps in a text's description of a process related to history/social studies (e.g., how a bill becomes law, how interest rates are raised or lowered).
For West Virginia Studies teachers, this unit is designed to go hand in hand with the textbook, "West Virginia: 150 Years of Statehood"