Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.18 MB | 10 pages
Effects of Drugs
This activity can be introduced in AP Psychology or regular psychology as part of the unit on consciousness and how psychoactive drugs can impact consciousness.
In a health class, the project can be introduced as part of the drugs unit.
This group project will allow students to take an in depth look at a specific drug that has impacted society in order to answer the following questions:
1. What category does your drug belong?
2. Why do people use the drug?
3. What neurotransmitter and action takes place on a cellular level?
4. What are the short term biological, psychological, and social-cultural effects?
5. What are the long term biological, psychological, and social-cultural effects?
The group will research the drug to answer the questions and then choose a presentation format from a small project menu in order to organize the information and present it to their classmates who will take notes on a graphic organizer.