Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE EGYPT GAME.
Examples of clues:
4. The CONSENSUS of opinion was pretty much, “That’s that!” Egypt was lost and gone forever, and there was no use thinking about it. (syn.) Answer: agreement
7. It sat there, in the shadows among the spiderwebs, and peered down BALEFULLY over its tooth-scarred beak. (ant.) Answer: happily
9. So April called up all the other Egyptians and made the invitation sound just as mysterious and INTRIGUING as she could. (ant.) Answer: boring
10. “The gods are angry,” they PARROTED. (syn.) Answer: repeated
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from THE EGYPT GAME edition of Bookmarks Plus.
The Egypt Game edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my THE EGYPT GAME 50- Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (View list below.)
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are more unique products over THE CAY—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THE EGYPT GAME edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE EGYPT GAME: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes Students with Challenging Words Before Reading the Book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Egypt Game edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Egypt Game Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE EGYPT GAME: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Puzzle—Challenging!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• THE EGYPT GAME: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—70 Clues!
A fun way to check students’ reading skills!
• THE EGYPT GAME: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!