This puzzle will introduce students to 50 challenging words they will encounter as they read THE EGYPT GAME. Parts of speech are included in the clues to aid students in their use of a thesaurus or dictionary in locating definitions.
Examples of clue:
31. Ornate (adj.) Answer: fancy
32. Ambushed (v.) Answer: attacked
33. Evasive (Hard to ___ down; adj.) Answer: pin
34. Reserved (adj.) Answer: shy
35. Unwieldy (Difficult to ___; (adj.) Answer: manage
Aids in students' understanding of the book! Makes a great extra credit assignment before reading!
Note: Twenty-five of these words are featured in THE EGYPT GAME edition of Bookmarks Plus. Students have the definitions at their fingertips as they read! See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are the focus of THE EGYPT GAME Synonym/Antonym Crossword, in which students provide synonyms or antonyms for the words. Each clue contains the sentence from the book that contains the word. See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my unique products over THE EGYPT GAME—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THE EGYPT GAME edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE EGYPT GAME: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Familiarizes Students with Challenging Words Before Reading the Book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Egypt Game edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Egypt Game Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE EGYPT GAME: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Puzzle—Challenging!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• THE EGYPT GAME: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—70 Clues!
A fun way to check students’ reading skills!
• THE EGYPT GAME: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!