The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired a Nation – Nonfiction Book Test that is Common Core aligned.
Get your students reading more literary nonfiction, and assess them with higher lever, thought-provoking questions.
This test consists of 37 multiple choice questions and 1 essay question. A study guide, a student answer sheet, and an answer key are included.
Questions are aligned with common core reading standards and include complex reasoning skills such as:
• using textual evidence to draw conclusions and make inferences
• determining the central idea of a text
• analyzing key details
• using context clues to determine the meaning of words or phrases
• determining an author's point of view and purpose in a text
• evaluating claims and distinguishing relevant supporting details for those claims
• identifying examples of figurative language
• recognizing conventions of standard English grammar
• reading charts, graphs, and flow charts
This ready-to-use nonfiction assessment and study guide will help prepare your students for rigorous Common Core standards.
The zip file includes two formats of this resource: Microsoft Word (fully editable) and PDF (Acrobat).
Open the preview to get a glimpse of the materials included.
Thanks, and I hope this makes your life a little easier.
Take a look at some of my other Common Core aligned products by clicking below:
Link-Countdown BOOK TEST
Link-Left for Dead BOOK TEST
Link-Steve Jobs Thinking Differently BOOK TEST
Link-Revenge of the Whale BOOK TEST
Take a look at this resource which contains 8 role sheets that can be used with any book you are teaching:
Link-Literature Circle Role Sheets – Common Core Aligned