You can purchase all of my U.S. Government resources which includes power points, guided notes (with questions), homework, quizzes, unit tests, and group projects here: U.S. Government Resources
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. Government or U.S. Government honors class includes the following:
- A 109 slide (155 mb) presentation that elections within the United States and how they can vary by state. I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to these events that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- 3 days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The nominating proccess
- Goes over primaries vs caucuses, debates within the party, and the national convention
Day 2 - Elections
- Election day in the United States and the different types of ballots that exist
Day 3 - Elections and Money
- Campaign finance and the role of Super PACS
In addition to the notes you will receive the following:
- Warm-ups at the start of class
- Voting and Elections assignment - Includes hyperlinks built in throughout the presentation as students learn what the swing states are and how elections can vary state to state.
-Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission reading and questions - the case that has led to an explosion in spending when it comes to our elections.
- I have also included a quiz based off the presentation. It consists of 5 multiple-choice questions, 5 fill-in-the-blank, 5 true/false, and a short essay question. The key is included.
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. Government:
Principles of Government Bundle
Origins of American Government Bundle
The Constitution Bundle
American Political Parties Bundle
Voting and Voter Behavior Bundle
Mass Media and Public Opinion Bundle
Interest Groups Bundle
The Legislative Branch Bundle
The Executive Branch Bundle
U.S. Foreign and Military Policy Bundle
The Judicial Branch Bundle
Civil Liberties Bundle