The Elves and the Shoemaker
is a delightful fairytale that is familiar and can work hard in any Grade 6-12 class. Just because it seems like a “simple” tale, does not mean it cannot be the basis for analysis, writing, creative writing, or critical thinking and discernment.
When students find a story that is familiar it makes learning that much more approachable.
PerfettoWritingRoom© is pleased to provide information on traditional folklore so that you can use this tale for writing, analysis, critical thinking, and MORE.
Use it during the holiday season or any time of year.
In this very organized 25-page pack, you receive:
• Handout – Characteristics of Folktales and Traditional Literature
• The Elves and the Shoemaker – Full Story
• Critical Thinking Activity (2 Pages) – Identifying Fairy tale Characteristics in a Text, using text support.
- Critical Thinking Activity – Teacher Key
• Application – Write a complete and accurate Fairy or Folktale
- Brainstorming Handout complete with characteristics of a folktale
- Writing Rubric for writing an authentic Fairy or Folktale
• Folktales, Fables and Myths: Activities
- Definition and characteristic search (Worksheet)
- What do they have in common? (Venn Diagram Activity)
- How are they different? (Venn Diagram Activity)
- Answer Keys
• The Elves and the Shoemaker – Optional Extension Activities
You May Also EnjoyThe Writer’s Workshop for High School, an 8-Day Common Core Unit
Gift of the Magi, Complete Activity Pack Grades 6-12
Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment, Complete Story Packet, Activities, Quiz and Keys
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Would you like to become part of the TPT family?
• If you feel you have something to share with other teachers.
• Sign on to be a Teachers Pay Teachers seller.
• Click on to my referral link. I’ll be happy to coach you and help you get started.
• You can begin here: Sign Me up to TPT with PerfettoWritingRoom as a Coach!