Is it possible to truly express emotion through art or have we just been told that it is? In this unit students look at various “expressionist” artists and examine if there is a difference between expressing and illustrating in art.
This min-lesson includes:
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Modifiable written assignment to develop analytical thinking about art
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main supporting video for this unit, Expressionism beyond Munch
, before purchasing.