The "The End" for a personal narrative helping hand is the sixth hand to a series of eight. This helping hand guides student on how make sure their personal narrative has a clear end in Writing Workshop.
1. Did I let the readers know it's over?
2. Did I give the reader something to think about?
3. Did I not make a big jump from the middle to the end?
4. Did I make the reader feel something?
5. Did I "wrap up" my seed topic?
In my classroom, I copy the hand onto construction paper. Each additional hand is then copied onto a different color construction paper and attached to the others using a paper fastener. My students love referring to their helping hands while engaging in Writing Workshop.