DBQs are an excellent way to hit most of the Common Core standards in your class. If there is one activity that encapsulates the requirements of the Common Core - the DBQ is it!
Prompt: Analyze the impact that the Enlightenment thinkers had on the development and ideas expressed in the Declaration of Independence. There are a total of 7 documents.
Here is a list of the documents:
1. John Locke Two Treatises of Government, 1690
2. Jean Jacques Rousseau The Social Contract - 1762
3. Jean Jacques Rousseau The Social Contract - 1762
4. King James VI & I, True Law of Free Monarchies 1598
5. The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776 (Excerpt I)
6. Picture - Drafting of the Declaration of Independence 1776
7. The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776 (Excerpt II)
This product goes perfectly with this DBQ Outline and rubric, which is included!