This lesson is a common core-based introductory lesson (or two) on the Enlightenment for Global or US History. This worksheet contains a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote discussion and active engagement. Several activities included in this lesson are:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Secondary source reading with background on the Enlightenment
• “The Salon” activity – in small groups, students will discuss one of several questions such as “What is the best form of government?” Each group will then lead the class in a discussion that simulates a French salon during the Enlightenment.
• Primary source analysis – students will analyze several quotes from famous Enlightenment philosophes such as Locke, Rousseau, Voltaire and determine the meaning behind their words.
• Additional class discussion follows.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Please follow me to receive notifications for newly available products. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!
I also offer this worksheet bundled with several others...
Bundle #4 - Absolutism, Enlightenment, Revolution - Global History Common Core