This lesson is a common core-based introductory lesson (or two) on the Enlightenment for Global or US History. This worksheet contains a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote discussion and active engagement. Several activities included in this lesson are:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Secondary source reading with background on the Enlightenment
• “The Salon” activity – in small groups, students will discuss one of several questions such as “What is the best form of government?” Each group will then lead the class in a discussion that simulates a French salon during the Enlightenment.
• Primary source analysis – students will analyze several quotes from famous Enlightenment philosophes such as Locke, Rousseau, Voltaire and determine the meaning behind their words.
• Additional class discussion follows.
Answer key now included!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Please follow me to receive notifications for newly available products. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!
I also offer this worksheet bundled with several others...
Bundle #4 - Absolutism, Enlightenment, Revolution - Global History Common Core