This timeline activity gives students the opportunity to create their own timelines and determine where events fall relative to each other. This activity is perfect for interactive notebooks and does not require any handouts or copies.
The events included in this assignment are:
1.Thomas Hobbes publishes Leviathan a book about political philosophy
2. John Locke asserts that people have natural rights that should be protected by
3. Parisian salons where people meet to discuss political ideas spread
4. Voltaire publishes essays that promote freedom of religion
5. Montesquieu puts forth his idea about the separation of power
6. Rosseau publishes "The Social Contract"
7. Locke's ideas are used in the Declaration of Independence
8. the U.S. Constitution outlines a government based on the ideas of the
9. The French Revolution
1. notebook paper setup sample
2. very detailed and illustrated directions
3. nine key events about the Enlightenment
4. an example timeline
5. answer key
Additional Materials Needed
a classroom set of rulers
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you!
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing
my products per special request.
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.