Designed to complement the story The Enormous Turnip, this exciting 221 page
activity pack can be used to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to support learning about people, animals, colours and numbers, whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills. While the activities are primarily designed to facilitate English language acquisition, they are also valuable materials to develop fine-motor skills, social skills and understanding of the world.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
For videos of the story and other related songs and resources see:
This pack includes ALL of the following:
*Storytelling Cards – Use as an alternative to the book or for a change of focus when re-telling the story using a more interactive approach. Suggested questions given on the prompt cards will allow you to further involve children whilst also provide further opportunity for key language focus and comprehension checks.
* Colouring Sheets – Choose from a variety of sheets depending on ability and learning focus. Use the activity suggestions for extended learning ideas, focusing on colour, number or word recognition.
* Counting Sheets – Featuring characters from the story, three types of worksheet provide fun ways for children to practice counting, number and writing skills.
* Numbers Jigsaw – Choose from a variety of jigsaw templates depending on the level of difficulty required. Follow the activity suggestions to create more learning fun with a scavenger hunt, jigsaw race or jigsaw craft.
* Story Wheel Craft – Telling the story in 16 images, the story wheel provides opportunities to focus learning on numbers, colours and key language from the story. Follow the activity suggestions for more learning and development ideas.
* Sequencing Fan – Four types of template are provided depending on learning focus and ability. Involve children in the preparation of the craft to develop fine motor skills then use the completed fans to re-tell the story or for more focused learning as per the activity suggestions.
* Display Crafts – Children can get creative and use the templates provided to create a colourful wall or washing line display.
* Roleplay masks / Puppets – Use the wide selection of templates provided to help children create masks or puppets of the characters and animals from the story which can then be used to re-tell the story, allowing the children to take on the character roles.
* Writing Paper – Use the templates provided for writing practice, creative writing or drawing fun.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini-Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
*Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games or storytelling.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I'm keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.