Famous composer Franz Schubert wrote the fast and furious piece The Erl King. This famous song has a link to a poem by the same name. Students will enjoy listening to this piece and learning its history through this musical lesson plan and activities.
Lesson includes digital links to YouTube videos and free audio files. There are also several writing activities, musical activities, theater (theatre) activities, dance activities and/or art activities to go along.
This is the perfect lesson and activity for elementary school children and teachers. The the entire piece is about 7 minutes long and the lesson could take about 30 minutes. Depending on the activity or activities you choose they could take 15+ minutes to complete.
- Lesson plan about The Erl King by Franz Schubert
- Digital links to YouTube videos
- The Erl King poem – the literal translation version and the English adaption
- Franz Schubert: In Depth about the composer (including pictures)
- Several writing, art, theater and dance activities
- Lesson takes about 30 minutes
- Activities take 15+ minutes to complete
- Pages: 13
- Grades: K-6