This is an engaging lesson that teaches students why the European Union (EU) was created and how it works by noting the benefits it offers. This is a full one hour lesson, but can easily be made into two 50 or 40 minute lessons so is modifiable for you and your students.
This Lesson Includes:
* Written Learning Targets.
* Visually Engaging PowerPoint (guides you through the lesson).
* One Page Reading and Questions on How and Why the EU was Created (answers are found in order of the reading and are given later in the PowerPoint).
* One Page Reading and Questions on the Benefits of the EU (answers are found in order of the reading and are given later in the PowerPoint).
* Graphic Organizer for Notetaking--Prompting Students on:
-- Common Market
-- Sharing Wealth
-- The Euro
-- Member Countries
-- Culture and Diversity
* Two Exit Slip Questions for Students to Answer as Formative Assessment.
This lesson is designed for students to jigsaw with the two readings, go over reading questions together, then go over the six 'take away' points with students writing notes on their Graphic Organizer for Notetaking, with the lesson concluding with students answer two questions at the end of the PowerPoint as your formative assessment.
I hope you and your students are engaged and learn with this lesson on the European Union!!