In this fun lab, students will find the speed that hot, room temperature and cold ketchup flows. They will measure the distance and time the ketchup flows and calculate its speed. Students will then make a distance time graph with their data.
To keep this lab to one class period and also save on supplies, I've only included space for one trial in the data table, but three trials could easily be added.
• Lab to demonstrate viscosity
• Lab to practice gathering data for speed
• Practice for graphing speed
• Includes answer KEY
• Includes editable Word document
• PDF is sized for composition notebook so it is ready to be trimmed and glued into a science notebook