Are you teaching the excretory system? Do you want your students having conversations about the parts and functions of the system? Do you want them to research some diseases of the system? Do you want students to learn about the system by brainstorming and cooperative learning? If you are looking for a few lessons to start teaching the excretory system, then these lesson plans may be just what you need.
This bundle of lesson plans includes:
1. Introductory Brainstorm boxes – group activity
2. Links to online images for labelling
3. See, Think, Wonder – group activity
4. Gallery walk activity and worksheet
5. 2 bell work or exit ticket worksheets
6. Medical book research idea
7. Fill in notes
8. Mix N’ Match task cards for review
*Answer keys have been included when applicable. Could teach 1-2 weeks.
TOGETHER WE ALL LEARN MORE!
Subject: Anatomy, Biology
Grades: High school
Keywords: Functions of the system, organs/parts of the system, filtration, nephrons, reabsorption, excretion of waste, osmotic balance, kidney stones and disease