This 23 slide PowerPoint presentation is part of a series of presentations dealing with the decade of the 1950s. It focuses on the years 1951 & 1952 and provides an overview of those years covering such things as;
• Major political, economic and social events in the US
• Major international events
• Main fears and concerns of the era
• Significance of sci-fi film genre to that era
• Scientific & technological achievements
• Urban living and travel
• Role of women
• Strange phenomena
• Archaeological & historical discoveries
This presentation would be suitable for History / Social Studies; English teachers wishing to place texts in context as well as for Home school students.
A series of student activities involving the early 1950s is also included on the last slide and may be accessed by clicking on the Word document icon.