This 28 slide PowerPoint presentation is part of a series of presentations dealing with the decade of the 1950s. It focuses on the year 1957 and provides a quick-reference overview of that year covering such things as;
• Major political, economic and social events in the US
• Major international events
• Significance of sci-fi film genre to that year and era
• Popular Music, Entertainment & Culture
• Celebrities and Icons
• Medical, scientific & technological achievements
• Advent of the space age
• And more!!
This presentation would be suitable for History / Social Studies; English teachers wishing to place texts in context, as well as for Home school students.
A student presentation activity is also included and may be accessed by clicking on the Word document icon on the final slide. It consists of two activities;
1. 1957 Exhibition group cooperative learning acitivity
2. 1957 time travel social media activity
The student presentation activities can be use for any of the individual years / resources that form part of the "Fab Fifties" series of PowerPoints or for an investigation of the entire decade as a whole.