This 26 slide PowerPoint presentation is part of a series of presentations dealing with the decade of the 1950s. It focuses on the year 1958 and provides a quick-reference overview of that year covering such things as;
• Major political, economic and social events in the US
• Major international events
• Significance of sci-fi film genre to that year and era
• Popular Music, Entertainment & Culture
• Scientific & technological achievements
• Human feats and endeavours
• World firsts
• Mishaps & Disasters
This presentation would be suitable for History / Social Studies; English teachers wishing to place texts in context as well as for Home school students.
Four activities involving students researching, investigating and comparing aspects of life in 1958 and in more recent times is also included on slide 26 and may be accessed by clicking on the Word document icon.