This 11 slide PowerPoint presentation is part of a series of presentations dealing with the decade of the 1950s. It focuses on the year 1953 and provides an overview of that year covering such things as;
• Major political, economic and social events in the US
• Major international events
• Main fears and concerns of the era
• Significance of sci-fi film genre to that era
• Scientific & technological achievements
• Popular culture
This presentation would be suitable for History / Social Studies; English teachers wishing to place texts in context, as well as for Home school students.
A student fact research / discussion activity handout is also included on the last slide and may be accessed by clicking on the Word document icon.