Also included in
- This mega bundle features 8 of our rigorous and engaging escape rooms on Edgar Allan Poe and his horrifying tales!There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puzzles... all while t$52.50$70.00Save $17.50
- This bundle includes the in-class and digital version of our Fall of the House of Usher Escape Rooms! There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puzzles... all while trying to bea$13.25$17.25Save $4.00
- This resource features a bundle of all of our lesson plans, materials, and activities for Edgar Allan Poe's tale of the original haunted house, The Fall of the House of Usher. Each product is thoughtfully crafted and allows students to think outside the box by delving deeply into the story's themes,$17.25$22.50Save $5.25
Get ready to have the most fun you'll have teaching with a lesson that your students will be talking about for years to come with Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher ESCAPE ROOM!
There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puzzles... all while trying to beat the clock! This meticulously-crafted resource features all of the materials you need to conduct a full-length Escape Room for The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe. Planning an escape room may seem like quite the daunting task (and it is!), but this product provides everything from the basics and set-up instructions to signs and answer keys so that yours runs smoothly from start to finish. The activity involves movement, energy, creative thinking and most of all, collaboration. It is the perfect activity for Halloween, Poe's Death Day on October 7, or any day you want to shake it up with your students without sacrificing learning. Your students will be having so much fun that they won’t even realize the higher order thinking skills they are applying in the playing of this game!
How does it work?
In this escape room, students will try to escape out of the haunted house of Usher by solving 5 different skills-based puzzles, discovering a hidden message, and finding clues along the way.
- : In the first task, students must order the plot events of The Fall of the House of Usher on Freytag's Pyramid. Once solved, corresponding letters reveal the first code.
- : In the second task, students must identify 9 types of figurative language within the short story. Highlighted boxes in the correct answers will reveal the code.
- : In the third task, students must solve a crossword puzzle with questions about literary elements and plot events of the story. Circled boxes on the crossword once unscrambled will reveal the code.
- : In the fourth task, students must fill in the blanks with vocabulary words from The Fall of the House of Usher. When matched correctly, shaded boxes will reveal the code.
- : In the fifth and final task, students must decipher an encrypted message (a quote from The Fall of the House of Usher) using clues they collected during the first four tasks. When the message is written on the scroll and brought to you, they can finally escape the haunted house of Usher.
- Escape Room Basics
- Detailed Day-Of Instructions
- Escape Room Print Checklist
- Student Teams Chart
- Welcome Sign for Your Door
- Materials for 5 Tasks: task signs to be folded upright, task instructions (2 per page for easy printing), and necessary information to be kept at stations
- Student Answer Booklet
- Teacher Answer Keys
- Escape Room Reflection for homework or in-class writing activity
- Theme Reflection for homework assignment or in-class writing activity
Because this is a skills-based escape room, it is perfect for a review of the story before the test.
Check out these great products to supplement your study of The Fall of the House of Usher:
More resources to round out your Edgar Allan Poe unit:
And because your students will be begging for more escape rooms...
⭐⭐⭐For the escape room enthusiasts out there, you can now build your own bundle at 20% off the cover price of 3 or more escape rooms! Click the link to check out all of the escape rooms Language Arts Excellence has to offer: Build Your Own Escape Room BUNDLE⭐⭐⭐