This packet compliments Reading Street's (2.2) The Farmer in the Hat story. It includes graphic organizers and writing activities. It's great for centers, whole group lessons, small group lessons and cooperative learning teams. These templates can easily be published into a technology project with apps like Popplet, Keynote and/or Wixie.
Includes 10 pages:
1. Question of the Week page for classroom display (How is a school a community?)
2. Concept Chart for weekly question
3. Four Square organizer for weekly question
4. Writing page: How is a school like a community?
5. Plot Organizer with "I can" statement
6. Main Idea and Details Organizer with "I can" statement
7. Writing with "I can" statement (What is the main problem in the story? How is it solved? Use evidence from the text.)
8. Cause and Effect organizer with "I can" statement
9. Comparison Chart with "I can" statement: (Compare The Farmer in the Hat and A Big Fish for Max)
10. Word sort: Long a words and short a words