If you are starting a harvest or farm unit, this is an EXCELLENT resource! My first graders said that these activities were "awesome!" They asked to play the games included in this mini unit OVER and OVER again!
It includes the following:
- A 24 page emergent reader with pictures to support!
- A black and white version of the book for students to keep in browsing bags! :)
- Pocket chart strips so students can retell the story, work on word order, capital letters, and punctuation.
- 20 fruit and vegetable cards so student can sort by fruit/vegetable.
- Two sorting mats
- A recording sheet so that students can write down the results of their sort!
- A recording sheet for students to practice putting 6 fruits & vegetables in ABC order.
- Writing Center templates for students to practice describing fruits and vegetables using adjectives (one blank one is provided as well, for students to choose any fruit or vegetable to describe!)
- *NEW* Kindergarten sight words matching game
--> Uses the Treasure's Series sight words.
- *NEW* A syllable counting game
--> Recording sheet included!
- *NEW* Differentiated writing prompts
--> Students write opinion pieces set to their ability level!
- Sorting mats for students to sort the fruits and vegetables by color.
- A recording sheet for students to record the results of their color
- The recording sheet is in a worksheet format. Students will LOVE
recording their results!
- A dice template (instructions included) for students to have fun with!
- They roll the dice 10 times and record their results on the graph
- Student directions are ALSO included.
- A worksheet to answer questions about their graph is included.
- *NEW* Counting by 10s game
- *NEW* "How Many" counting game!
- *NEW* Ten Frame Addition Game!
Take your time to complete the activities throughout the week or pick and choose the activities to support your Farm Unit/Harvest Theme.