Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Farmers Organize worksheet
The following is a 90 minute worksheet on the problems farmers were facing in the late 19th century and the subsequent rise of populism. The worksheet contains a variety of activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
Topics covered in the this lesson:
• Problems facing western farmers
• Gold vs. silver
• The Grange Movement
• The Populist Party Omaha Platform
• 1896 Election – Cross of Gold Speech
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson – song lyric analysis - link to song on
• Secondary source readings
• Primary source analysis – Omaha Platform of the Populist Party
• Primary source analysis – Cross of Gold Speech
• Political cartoon analysis - 2 cartoons, images included
• Nearly 20 comprehension and critical thinking questions
• Enormous opportunities for discussion.
NEW! Answer key included!
Created in Word so editing is no problem. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have for this or any other product. Follow me to receive updates and notifications for newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this product after purchase or implementation. Thank you so much!