The Fault In Our Stars Activity Bundle contains six activities. The activities are meant to cover the depth of the novel, while providing areas for differentiation. Included:
Activity One: Graffiti Activity for Setting
* This is a physical activity, meant to have students move around the classroom. Twelve printables (view the thumbnails for a peak at four of them) designed to capture the feel of each setting are included.
* Teacher notes on each setting for quick feedback
* Cumulative questions
Activity Two: Further Thinking Questions
* Includes two sets of questions
* Set One: questions that required prediction and imagination - requires students to write what would happen in different scenarios with the characters
* Set Two: students look at the diction from the novel
Activity Three: Plot Diagram
* Includes a visual for students to complete
* Examples for each point
* Questions analyzing the relation of each plot point to others
Activity Four: Allusions Research
* OVER 80 allusions and their page numbers for quick identification
* an allusion card page - easy reproduction and cutting - that has students researching a specific allusion
* five possible extension activities that require students to write and arrange research from an allusion (or allusions, dependent upon the activity)
Activity Five: Metaphor Task Cards
* Seven sets of task cards - twenty-eight task cards to explore metaphors
* Metaphors include cigarettes, hospitals, airplanes, Funky Bones, the Literal Heart of Jesus, reality television, and water
* Possible answers for the metaphors, discussion prompts, and a summarizing sheet for students included
Activity Six: Characterization Booklet
* Character books (print and assemble) to study direct and indirect characterization of Hazel, Gus, and Isaac
* Blank pages to use for additional characters
* Students will cite the example, page number, and infer meaning about main characters
The preview has a download of one of the metaphor task cards.
If an activity does not have answers or suggested answers, it has a rubric. Some activities are more difficult than others, and within the activities is room for differentiation. Some activities will work as students read the novel and others will work better as a cumulative review.
This activity bundle is also in my Ultimate The Fault In Our Stars Unit Bundle.
If you plan to purchase more than one TFIOS item from my store, this will be your best deal.
I have everything needed for teaching The Fault In Our Stars as a memorable experience for your students:
Chapter One FREEBIE
Multiple Choice Questions Bundle
Short Answer Questions Bundle
The Fault In Our Stars multiple-formats test
Hoosiers and Connections to The Fault In Our Stars