Get your students excited about idioms with this unit! Pages included are:
• Idiom Introduction/ Definitions (Figurative and Literal)
• Idiom Activity Cards (can be used in a variety of ways)
• "A Crazy Tale"- Idioms in Our Classroom- Motivate your class by incorporating students' names in an idiom story activity. Unit includes both color and black/white versions with key.
• Literal and Figurative Drawing Activity
• "The Birthday Surprise"- Idioms in Context (both color and black/white versions included)
• Literal Idiom Art Activity- fun drawing activity for students (boy and girl versions included)
• Idiom List- a handy list of idioms that can be used for activities in this unit as well as your own activities, creative writing, etc.
• Idiom Poetry Page
Add some POP to your onomatopoeia lessons with this unit filled with creative activities! The pages included are:
• Onomatopoeia Definition Poster
• Onomatopoeia Illustrations (drawing activity)
• Card Activity (many different ways to use- suggestions included)
• Onomatopoeia Comic Strips (writing/drawing activity)
• List of Words- useful for other activities in the unit- both black/white and color included
• Writing an Echoic Poem (complete with brainstorming sheet, example, and final copy sheet)
• A Dramatic Reading- a story activity involving onomatopoeia that requires student participation
Make personification COME ALIVE with these activities to enhance your figurative language unit. The activities/pages included are:
1. Personification Definition Poster
2. Writing Sentences with Personification Activity -Students receive sentences and must change them to include personification.
3. Persuasive Writing Activity Using Personification
• Students receive cards with objects (included in packet)
• Students write persuasive letters from the point of view of their objects (writing sheets included).
4. Personification Poetry Activity
• Students receive objects or topics.
• Students gather ideas for their poems on brainstorming sheets.
• Students write first copies on rough draft sheets.
��� Students write final copies on object sheets.
Samples are included and six different objects (topics) are included. All sheets necessary for activity completion are included in the packet.