That first day sets the tone and you can be prepared for a great class relationship when you set the stage with this well organized ice breaker. I have always found that you must create a relationship with your students if you expect them to care about what you are teaching. This exercise starts with a unique introduction to the teacher and carries on to give you many suggestions for personalizing the exercise for your unique classroom.
• Sample teacher introduction created by another teacher
• Differentiated worksheets for students.
• Clear instructions for a day, week, or month of introductions.
• Suggestions to refine the assignment to meet the needs of your class.
• Classroom management techniques that encourage movement and relationship building.
• Objectives that will cover both language arts and drama.