Have you ever went to a Bible Study and, during that study, someone read a verse, and another person says “That is not how it is reads in my bible”? What happens?
The Bible Study is forgotten and a discussion comes up as to which Bible is correct. This places a lack of trust in the word of God. Knowledge can correct this problem.
The presentation offers help in answering the following questions:
1. When you are ignorant about what it says on a given subject.
2. When you take a verse out of its context.
3. When you read into a passage had have it say what it does not say.
4. When you give undue emphasis to less important things.
5. Whenever you use it to try to get God to do what you want, rather than what God wants done.
The presentation covers the following:
5 Ways Scripture can be Misused
What Bible Should You Use?
5 Types of Bibles
Type 1: Word for Word
Type 2: Thought for Thought
Thought for Thought
Type 3: Paraphrase
Type 4: Theologically Biased
Type 5: Culturally Biased
Word for Word Bibles
Thought for Thought Bibles
End of Presentation
I am offering this as a "freebie" to introduce you to my work.