Essential Question(s): Why do geographers group many basic concepts of geography into five themes? These themes will help students understand how geographic concepts relate to each other.
Enduring Understandings: [The purpose of this lesson is for students to understand...]
• That geographers view the world in terms of the use of space.
• Geographers study the world by looking at location, place, region, movement, and human-environment interaction.
Big Ideas from Unit being addressed:
• Absolute Location
• Relative Location
• Prime Meridian
Instructional Objectives: [Knowledge, Procedures, Skills]
Students will be able to:
• Understand how geographers view the world.
• Understand how geographers look at locations.
• Apply the skills that geographers utilize on a daily basis.
Colorado K-12 Content Standard(s)/Grade Level Expectation(s) Being Addressed
• 1. Use different types of maps and geographic tools to analyze features on Earth to investigate and solve geographic questions
o Create and interpret various graphs, tables, charts, and thematic maps (DOK 1-3)