Do your students HATE fractions?
Do they not even know what a fraction IS?
Do you dread teaching fractions on number lines?
You're not alone. Fraction phobia is widespread. Many students are years behind on this crucial topic.
It's time for a user friendly cure.
This is Part 1 of that cure.
In "The Fractions Cure, Part 1 - Fractions on the Number Line", students will learn that a fraction is a number, just like seven, twelve, or nineteen. Therefore every fraction can be represented as a point on the number line.
Your students will then use those points to compare fractions all in such a user-friendly way, that they will barely need your help at all, just like my special needs students didn't!
This is a GREAT introduction to fractions because:
- the instructions, examples, and scaffolding are extremely clear
- there are NO calculations, only counting
- students will see fractions along the same line (literally) as whole numbers and will understand that fractions are numbers, not slices of pizza
- there is a visual representation of virtually everything
- the progression of difficulty is smooth and engaging
- this is a fresh start for kids who have had bad experiences with fractions as pies/pizzas
- it is so user friendly that you won't need an answer key
Download it now to begin the end of your students' fraction phobia!
P.S: There is a
FREE BONUS SECTION ON COMPARING NUMBERS WITH <, >, and =.
The rigorous but smooth practice that this appendix provides will help student achieve fluency in using <, >, and = to compare numbers (fractions included!).
Download it now and be amazed at your students' new fluency in fractions... and comparing them!