This literature unit complements the story “The Garden” from Frog and Toad Together ….. by Arnold Lobel, a fun story in which Toad tries very hard to make his seeds happy so they will grow, and learns a lesson in patience.
There are a variety skills covered in the pages. Pick and chose the ones you like based on student skill level and time you have available.
There are 10 student activity pages:
- vocabulary practice/fill in
- sort vocabulary by nouns, verbs, adjectives
- who, what, where, when, why, how
- story map
- comprehension questions; 3 pages (one of which is a writing prompt on patience)
- character study
- crossword puzzle using key vocabulary words
File includes 2 pages of vocabulary word cards and answers keys.
(note: The letter l’s look dark when the Century Gothic font is saved in a pdf, but the letters look normal when printed.)