This is a fabulous project that I have assigned for the past few years. It is a monthly "book report" that I assign as homework. Students read 9 books throughout the year (all of different genres) and complete 9 different projects based on the books. They present their book and project to the class.
My students love this project as it encourages them to read new books and genres. I also encourage a lot of creativity in their monthly projects. Some of last year's projects included detailed models created in Minecraft, models of the solar system, and interactive poetry readings.
I hope your class will have as much fun (and learning!) with this project as we do!
Included in this download:
- A student-friendly description of the project and how they should prepare for their presentations
- A tracking sheet to help students keep track of due dates, the books they have read and the projects they have completed
- Examples of projects that could be done for different genres
- The "All About My Book" to be completed by students for each project
- A checklist and rubric to help assessing student work