It’s cold, and flu season so this bundle will help your students understand what germs are and how they are spread. And most importantly, learning and understanding how they can protect themselves from germs that make them sick.
This pack includes:
* Book: The Germ Crew
This book is a colorful, fun, and creative way to answer
the following questions
- What are germs?
- How are germs spread?
- How can you protect yourself from germs that can
make you sick?
- Why do we wash our hands?
- How do we wash our hands?
- When do we wash our hands?
- If you are sick, how can you protect others from
catching your illness?
* PPT: Slides of the book: The Germ Crew
- Hand washing cut and glue sequencing activity
- Template: Acrostic Poem about germs
- Template: When I was sick . . . Students draw a
picture of themselves when they were sick. Then,
create lists telling
> What kind of illness they had
> How they felt
> What they couldn't do
> What helped them feel better
* Project: Poster It’s Cold and Flu Season: Ways to
Avoid Getting Sick
- Task and rubric
* Listening Comprehension: Sick Simon
- Graphic Organizer telling the main idea as well as
cause and effect