10 slide printable Powerpoint (1st of 5 on the Gilded Age) that covers:
- The positive and negative aspects of post-war Laissez Faire policies including the formation of business trusts
- The effects of increased industrialization such as increased immigration & urbanization
- Challenges faced by "new immigrant" groups in the rapidly growing cities of the Gilded Age
- The contributions of influential entrepreneurs of the Gilded Age such as Carnegie, Rockefeller, & Morgan
- The harmful effects of unregulated monopolies on the American economy & consumer
- Early efforts by the government to begin regulating business to protect consumers
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed and emphasized that frequently appear on NY State U.S. History Regents Exams
- Numerous political cartoons, illustrations, & graphics to support understanding of the concept of a business trust/monopoly, the effects of monopolies on competition & consumers, and failed attempts by the federal government to regulate monopolies
- Pictures and images intended to support a rich understanding of important individuals & events of the Gilded Age
***Intended for use in U.S. History classrooms in preparation for the New York State U.S. History & Government Regents Exam***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) available free upon request!!!!!!!
Contact me personally for a version of the Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Customers can email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with the Cloze version attached.