The Gingerbread Baby comes "alive" in this 31 page book response journal that includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, sequencing, and story elements that include:
This is a wonderful seasonal story - or anytime story!
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
-10 specific comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Design and write about your "Trap" for the Gingerbread Baby!
- Character analysis - beginning and end of story
- Compare and contrast characters
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to author
- Story retelling graphic organizer
- Reader's response writing prompt - text to self
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- vocabulary cards
- Sentence strips to cut and sequence
- Reader's response prompt - about the story
- Beginning, Middle, end graphic organizer
Can be used in whole, small and individual settings. Can be used as individual pages or as a packet.
This is an especially good story to reinforce sequencing events!