"Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me...I'm the Gingerbread Man!" Your students are sure to enjoy this popular holiday story. The Gingerbread Man Book Companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the story. After reading the book (available online or in stores), follow up with six literature unit activities! The activities include:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. The Gingerbread Man’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the Gingerbread Man is, using prepositions
6. Gingerbread Go Fish- Play Go Fish with gingerbread man cards with different features to target describing and listening comprehension.
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: This book companion was created using the book by Louise Martin; although many gingerbread man stories will work. (This companion features a gingerbread man, woman, man, pig, cow, horse and fox.)