The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray features a cute little gingerbread man who becomes separated from his class at school! This literature unit targets literacy, language and listening skills in conjunction with the book. The book companion is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Gingerbread Man's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort: Sort pictures by rhyme
5. Connections Conversations: Engage kids with conversation starters related to the story
6. Listening Comprehension: Decorate a gingerbread man, given directions.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this product. It must be purchased separately from your favorite bookseller.