This read aloud unit has a festive feel with hands on literacy activities to use after reading aloud the traditional tale of The Gingerbread Man. The activities are linked to common core standards and are appropriate for Kindergarten and First Grade students.
Our unit is based on the classic version and includes the following characters: little old woman, little old man, pig, cow, horse, fox and the gingerbread man.
- Sequence The Story: Order the characters on a rolling pin!
- Anchor charts
- Sight Word Center: Read the words and fill your baking tray with gingerbread men!
- Letter Sorts: Match uppercase and lowercase letters (cut and paste)
- Missing Sounds Center: Oh no! The Gingerbread Man has run away with letters from our CVC words!
- Label The Gingerbread Man
- Finger puppets for retelling fun
- Character Match Ups: Word and sentence level cut and paste activities
- Speech bubble writing template
- A mini book to make and read
- 3 pages of guidance materials
Check out our other packets based on popular read-aloud texts :
The Rainbow Fish Read Aloud Activities
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
The Polar Express 1st Grade Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License